As of April 2021, DataReportal states that there are 4.72 billion global internet users – that’s over 60 percent of the world’s total population. India, China and the United States are the countries with the highest number of smartphone users. India alone has close to 760 million smartphone users.
This rise of the internet and smartphones is leading to a surge in online purchases, job searches, app downloads, eLearning and more. All this poses a few questions:
- How can one individual prove his or her credibility in such a crowded job marketplace?
- Is there a credible way to recognise skills, experience and achievements across borders?
- What would be an ideal way to display skill sets in a world where HR professionals have only a few seconds to vet a CV?
The answer is Mobile digital credentials!
Mobile digital credentials are the quickest and most reliable way to showcase your credentials. They can be shared and verified simply and easily.
Let us understand more about mobile digital credentials, as well as the growing need for them in today’s ultra-competitive job market.
Digital Credentials: Easy to View and Verify
Digital credentials are a digital representation of paper-based certificates. They are cost and time-effective to produce and issued directly to email addresses and digital wallets.
CredSure provides an easy way for institutes to issue digital certificates to professionals:
- Institutes simply sign up to CredSure.
- Create a profile and list courses and batches with students.
- When students complete the course, they can share digital certificates to the email addresses of selected professionals.
Secure Digital Credentials
To ensure 100 percent safety of credentials, the CredSure platform uses blockchain technology. All digital certificates issued by any institute via CredSure are anchored in the blockchain. They are traceable and cannot be duplicated or modified. Only the institute issuing the digital certificate has full control to revoke, renew, reissue or cancel certificates.
Professionals receiving the digital certificate can confidently store and share them on social media platforms, with potential recruiters and higher education institutions. As there is no room for making alterations, applicants can be certain that their certificates will not be tampered with.
Furthermore, blockchain technology makes it possible to verify the authenticity of certificates instantly. So, a recruiter receiving a digital certificate issued on blockchain can immediately and confidently verify a candidate’s skills and make a solid decision on whether or not to shortlist the candidate.
Meeting the Need for Mobility of Digital Crendentials
Did you know that it takes anywhere between 100-200 applications on average to receive one concrete job offer? That basically comes down to 10-15 interviews to bag the job of your dreams!
On one hand, for every job application, applicants have a lot of papers to produce. On the other hand, recruiters have their hands full with applications. They can’t afford time-consuming verification checks and go through resumes entirely to understand relevant skill sets.
Here is where digital credentials come in handy. It is easy to share. In addition to the name of the institute and course completed, it can hold more information such as level of skills. Recruiters can access, verify and validate the credentials in a few clicks. This removes the entire process of employers having to contact institutes to verify educational qualifications.
It’s not just proof of skills for interviews, there may be other details to verify while on the move. For example, association membership, participation in hackathons, seminars, and more.
Then there are the typical challenges posed by paper-based certifications that are overcome:
- Mobile credentials aren’t easy to misplace or forget.
- They can be accessed anytime, anywhere.
- There’s no need to reprint or reissue in case of printing mistakes or loss of documentation.
- It is quick and fraud-proof.
- Credentials can be revoked as soon as they expire.
Go Digital: Shift to Paperless Certification
To make it easier for educational institutes, CredSure allows institutes to issue multiple digital certificates including internship or project completion, extra courses undertaken and more. Additionally, all the issued certificates get recorded in the candidate’s SkillPass (digital profile on CredSure).
SkillPass acts like a digital wallet that candidates can use to store and showcase their strengths, potential and continuous learning journey.
As one never leaves their home without their mobile phone, you can ensure that your candidates can quite literally keep their credentials close to their chest, and be ready at any given moment when a dream opportunity arises.
Shifting to digital certificates is a great way to reinforce legitimacy of an institute’s credentials. It holds the power to transform the brand image of your institute.
To find out more about CredSure or blockchain-based digital certificates? Please schedule a demo.
Key sections in your SkillPass are neatly labelled and presentable. These sections include:
- Video CV
- Generate my PDF CV
Smart Tips to Create Your Perfect Skillpass:
- Certificates – In this section, you are required to add any course certificates that you have earned. Certificates are proof of the knowledge and skills you have gained. They give recruiters a snapshot of your skillset.
- CV – This section is like any other online profile so ensure that all your professional details are complete, including academic qualifications, work experience and volunteer work, in great detail.
- Video CV – You can create a personal video CV. Catch the recruiter’s eye by showcasing your personality. It is free, so use your video CV as a pitch stating why you would be the best fit for the job:
- Make a great first impression – Dress appropriately and show off your personality
- Be innovative and concise – Think differently. Avoid starting the video with “Hi, I am…and this is…”. Showcase your work experience by doing a task
- Get feedback – Don’t settle for your first recording. Give it at least three takes then review it, ask for feedback before submitting the final video
- Document – You can use this section to upload all your documents. As your profile is backed by blockchain technology, you can be confident knowing that your data is safe.
- Feedback – You can request recommendations from users via the SkillPass to vouch for your skills and competency. Find the expert, select the student/work relationship and request a recommendation.
- Generate my PDF CV – Choose from a range of professional templates to create your CV with a click of a button. You can apply for different jobs with different CVs. By tailoring your CV to match the job you’re applying for, you increase your chance of getting through to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Grammar check – It is the oldest advice in the book. Hiring managers immediately disqualify resumes because of grammatical mistakes or typos. This is why proof-reading is very important. Request a peer, colleague or mentor to run through your SkillPass. It is possible that you are missing something important or that you are including some unnecessary information.
Professional photo – While creating a SkillPass, it is required to have a profile picture. While setting one, be mindful of the following:
- The photo should be shot in formal attire.
- Ensure that the background is clear.
- Avoid selfies.
- The face should be clearly visible and well lit.
- Don’t use heavily edited or filtered photos.
Take a step closer to being industry-ready and building your career. Create your SkillPass today!