The education system has long since been broken. It’s a race for the best. Students plan and work towards getting into top universities that will take them closer to their dream. Universities work tirelessly to attract learners and prepare them for the future.
From applying for a course at a reputable institute to providing prestigious placements, both students and educational institutions face multiple challenges.
In this blog, we’ll talk about the new-age certification process. As we know, whether it is a short-term or a long-term course, tracking certificates issued to students is a major task. But, with digital certificates, it is a completely different story.
By digital certificates, we do not mean a PDF with a digital signature. We’re talking about a certificate that has been issued via a digital platform. So, your next question would be, ‘If I’m issuing digital certificates via a platform, how safe is my student data?’
Platforms Built on Blockchain Technology Ensure Data Security, Immutability, Authenticity and Credibility. Let’s see how:
- Security – Student information is stored in dedicated servers that are cloud-based
- Immutability – Thanks to blockchain technology. Transactions such as issuing, revoking or validating certificates are tracked and stored decentrally. As every transaction is traceable, it removes any chance of data falsification
- Authenticity – Communication is direct between your institute and students. And, blockchain makes it possible to verify the authenticity of the information and its source
- Credibility – Digital certificates based in blockchain act as an identity card. It can be showcased and verified at any time, anywhere. This establishes credibility and boosts your institute’s value
Are Digital Certificates Essential?
There’s an increasing case of fraud, brewing trouble for serious educators. The police busted scams wherein counterfeit certificates were being sold, circulated and handed out to unsuspecting students. Here are a few recent articles that you might want to take a look at:
- Police bust fake degree and mark sheet scam in Bangalore
- Half a million fake degrees sold by HP varsities
- Higher education watchdog has a register of 243 institutions offering fake degrees
Such scams only undermine the reputation of the education system around the world.
A recent case in India occurred in Haryana. A government employee was overcome with shock upon learning that the original certified degree she held was indeed fake. Can you imagine the horror of realizing that all the hard work, trust, sweat, and toil channeled towards earning this certificate adds up to zero value?
Blockchain Mitigates the Risk of Counterfeit Certificates
Blockchain technology combined with automation can get rid of these scams. It reduces the opportunity of second-guessing a certificate – whether it is fake or not? Also, using emerging technologies and automating processes improves efficiency.
Institutions adopting new-age tools will help in building integrity with students and recruiters. Additionally, institutions stand a chance to promote themselves by issuing digital certificates. As the certificates issued can easily be linked to multiple student online profiles and be shared. Word-of-mouth marketing is bound to garner curious minds.
How to Issue Digital Certificates
You can issue digital certificates on CredSure. It is a dedicated skills platform built on blockchain technology. Also, institutions can list courses, manage batches and issue digital certificates to graduates. You can extend these services to your alumni, benefiting their career advancement.
Why Choose CredSure?
The digital certificates issued on CredSure are secure because they are issued on blockchain technology. Institutes can issue, revoke or reissue certificates with ease.
Using a platform like Certifi-ID will help kick to the curb daunting challenges such as counterfeit certificates that exist today.